Tuesday, 24 January 2012

A time to talk

When a friend calls to me from the road
And slows his horse to a meaning walk,
I don't stand still and look around
On all the hills i haven't hoed,
And shout from where I am, What is it?
No, not as there is a time to talk.
I thrust my hoe in the mellow ground,
Blade-end up and five feet tall,
And plod: I go up to the stone wall
For a friendly visit.

By: Robery Frost



When I am working in the garden
And a friend asks to talk,
I don't stand and look at all of the work i haven't finnished.
I don't say I have too much work.
I look at my and remember how important he is.
I drop my tools and walk over to him.
I say, "Yes, I have time to talk"

By: Jason MacLeod



Model Poem

I chose this poem because it shows how friends are important and can't be put aside. They are one of the most important things to me.

1 comment: